What's everyone working on this month? (September 2015 edition)

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Oct 2 12:53:37 EDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 3:16 AM, David V Glasgow <dvglasgow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, Trevor, since I have your attention,

David,

You can always get my attention (and others at the company) by emailing
support at screensteps.com :-)

> Pleased you’ve managed to get into software as a service to big business,
> but even more pleased the tool still works for the solo developer.

Well, I don't know that ScreenSteps is still a *great* tool for the solo
developer to create manuals. I think you are using version 2, which was the
last version where a cloud backend was optional. We stopped developing that
version back in 2013. In order to develop the software in a way that solves
the types of problems we wanted to solve, we needed to engage larger
markets. The solo developer who will write documentation isn't a huge one.
ScreenSteps now stores everything in the cloud so interacting with your
manuals isn't going to be as fast as ScreenStep 2 was.

We do still have Clarify (which is single user and stores documents
locally) but it isn't made to create entire manuals like ScreenSteps, just
single documents.

If you have any further comments you can email me directly or move it off
to another thread. I don't want to hijack Peter's thread.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps