Apple Color Picker is Screwed Up in El Capitan!!

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu Oct 1 22:28:20 EDT 2015

Roger: even on Yosemite, the apple color wheel invoked by LC does not give you the correct RGB value when you use it’s eye dropper… it appears to work, but the hue is 2-3 “degrees" down on the gray scale from the actual color… this is not LC’s fault (at least I don’t think so…) : tested in photoshop, illustrator, inDesign and LC… the color that is picked up is *not* the precise color that it was on…

I used Eric Chatonet’s color picker and that eyedropper gives the *real* RGB value of the color it picks up.

So, even if it worked in El Capitan… I wouldn’t trust it.
WYSINWYG  What You See is Not What You Get.

I’m going try your piquer… thanks for sharing.

BR