How would YOU trade data within LC Android app between 2 tablets without INTERNET?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Nov 30 14:32:29 EST 2015

Hi Mark,

Two possible answers:

a) Use any (err.. virtually) wifi access point to create a network that the
devices can be on, then they can communicate directly with each other, even
though that access point won't actually be connected to the internet.

b) Make it worth Monte's while to port the mergBLE extension to Android, then
use Bluetooth to connect the apps.  It works great on iOS, but unfortunately
is not yet available on Android.  Again, this solution would allow the apps to
communicate directly between devices.

If communicating directly between devices is your preference, then this will
certainly be easier than setting up an intranet with a server in the middle.
But if you wanted to do that, then it's certainly possible to write that
server in LiveCode, using sockets - which now apparently are available on
mobile platforms as well.

(My personal preference is (b), because then I could take advantage of this...)

Ben