Transparent MobileControl?

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Fri Nov 27 14:20:27 EST 2015

Is it possible to make a mobile "multiline" control transparent?  I would like to be able to type in the control and see the text, but see the graphic gradient under it -- like the opaque of a standard field.  Using mobileControlSet, I've fiddled with the alpha property and opaque properties as well as the backgroundColor (red,green,blue,alpha) property.   All of which don't seem to do the trick.   Is there a property I'm missing or is there a secret combination of all these props I didn't stumble on?

Thanks in advance,
-Dan