Death of the Application Browser

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu Nov 26 20:11:52 EST 2015

> On 27 Nov 2015, at 11:58 am, Peter W A Wood <peterwawood at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Given Mark’s earlier explanation, it is difficult to see how the IDE can be MIT licensed.

I posted the link to the license file in the repo. I don’t think I can do much more than that to prove it ;-)

> After all, it is just a stack and if other stacks run with the Community engine can only be issued under the GPL, surely the IDE can only be issued under the GPL if it is run by the Community engine?

As the owners of the copyright it is within their rights to license it however they see fit. They have not restricted themselves from distributing stacks under licenses other than the GPL.

> In fact, surely anything distributed within LiveCode Community must be under the GPL?

If this were the case then they would have trouble putting the engine together at all as none of the libraries they use are GPL otherwise they could not distribute a commercial engine...