Death of the Application Browser

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 13:23:34 EST 2015

On 26/11/15 19:32, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Richmond wrote:
>
>> I've got several buttons, and getting rid of the Application Browser
>> just
>> pushed one of them quite hard.
>
> Peter and Ali have already made multiple posts noting that the
> omission of the App Browser is a bug which will be fixed in the next
> build.
>
> One of the benefits of counting to ten before expressing annoyance is
> that it provides your In Box a moment to catch up to find out if the
> annoyance is needed at all.

The fact that the Application Browser was removed, and the bumf that the
representatives of the mothership
trotted out:

" In general, we have found that the Project Browser is easier to use
by newcomers to LiveCode, and easier to explain in training materials."
and so on

are quite sufficient to show that they had NO intention at all of doing
anything but dumping
Application Browser, and that they back-tracked when they realised that
people that HAVE to
listen to (Ms. Gay) had unsheathed their claws.

So, stop writing apologia for Peter and Ali: it is so flipping obvious!!!!

This sort of attitude does not do much for customer relations.

Richmond.