Something Mark W is NOT doing

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Nov 25 13:23:58 EST 2015

Richmond wrote:
 > I received a very odd message today, purporting to be
 > from Mark Waddingham:
 >
 > good evening Richmond
 >

 > http://[spam URL deleted]
 >

 > Mark
 > mark.waddingham at yahoo.com
 >

 > and sent from: mark.waddingham at jalehill.com
 >
 > which is obviously bogus.
 >
 > Mark needs to be aware of this (I don't have his personal e-mail),
 > and so does every potential recipient.
 >
 > The "clubmazda" link leads to a "work from Home' Scam.

Have you considered sending an email to Mark directly?  Redistributing
the scam link to thousands of list members who aren't Mark may be confusing.

I've been seeing a lot of spam that fits the recipe you describe, and
often the ostensible sender is a junk address, with recipients pulled
from a range of relevant sources which may include the address book of
any of the recipients.

Of course we can't rule out anything without more info, but given how
much of this spam I've been seeing I wouldn't be too concerned over the
unlikely possibility that Mark's laptop has been compromised.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems