Release 8.0 DP 10

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 16:10:56 EST 2015

Richmond Mathewson-2 wrote
> In the short-term, at least, Alejandro's SVG stuff looks
> far better than the LiveCode 8 SVG widget.
> Not least because it works with earlier versions of Livecode!

I disagree... Ian's stack SVGL is great and is an
excellent alternative but there is no replacement
for the real thing: A SVG control that renders
faithfully any file that you import.

Remember, again, Livecode vector graphics only use
integers (1,2,3,4,5...) for displaying graphics strokes (borders).
This limitation IS an insurmountable barrier to import and
display faithfully many professional illustrations created
or exported to SVG format. I have test this again recently.
Vector graphics without different border weights works
better with Ian's stack.

Alejandro