[ANN] SVGL 2015 rev02

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 01:09:51 EST 2015

I forgot to include this really important information:
You could download Original SVGL from
http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/112/SVGL

This stack SVGL 2015 rev02 is just an updated version of
Ian McPhail's stack SVGL. As explained by Mark Waddingham:

"Actually, the first task I set Ian (one of our engineers) to do when
he first joined was to first write something which converted a
simple language I had designed ('SVGL') into vector graphic objects;
and then write an SVG -> SVGL converter."
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2015-October/220199.html

In another message thread, Mark Waddingham explained really well
the issues of importing and displaying SVG:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2015-October/220198.html

Please, notice the following:
Livecode vector graphics only use integers (1,2,3,4,5...)
for displaying graphics strokes (borders). This limitation
could be a barrier to import and display faithfully many
professional illustrations created or exported to SVG format.

A better option will be available for LC8 developers
using the widget architecture that could render an
exact display of imported SVG but for all LC7 users
and developers, SVGL is still is our best choice.

Alejandro