Area of Irregular Polygon

-hh hh at livecode.org
Sun Nov 15 03:49:03 EST 2015

> Roger G. wrote:
> Jim, I'm just now trying to catch up on this discussion and I see that no one has answered your question. I can’t answer either and wonder what’s going on???
> BTW, I believe you should have a negative sign in front of the square bracket . . . not that that helps at all!.

Oh yes, I answered to Jim H. (sorry Jim, I wrote "James").
And Bernd too, with a "taking-snapshot"-method.

And I also made a (non-math) "Sunday game" after that, see #57 here
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=19248&start=45#p134397

Sometimes I wonder about the mechanism of the 'list machine'.
For example this thread is ordered, when choosing "messages sorted by thread" not co-sorted by time (within the same 'thread' depth).

Hermann

p.s. The minus sign is there or not according to the 'orientation' when numbering the vertices of the polygon, counterclockwise or clockwise.