Release 8.0 DP 9

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Nov 13 18:37:39 EST 2015

On 13/11/2015 22:58, Mark Wieder wrote:
> On 11/13/2015 11:48 AM, Richmond wrote:
>> Considerably better than DP 8.
>>
>> Well Done!
>
> Hmmm... what are you seeing that I'm not?
>
> User plugins are again not loaded.

I'm getting them loaded - kind-of.

If I have lcStackBrowser in my Plugins directory, then it tries to load
bvgDocu2 (which is not in my Plugins directory - in fact, I can't figure
out where it loads it from). This gives me a message box saying it is
"Creating a Docu 2 database for Livecode 8.0.0-dp-9",  and then hangs;
can't close the box, can do a few other things, but not many - and can't
even quit LC, I need to Force-quit.

Other plugins load OK.

No other problems to report, because I just can't bear to use LC without
lcStackBrowser, so I'm going back to DP4 which is able to run
lcStackBrowser OK.

MacOSX 10.10.5 - but I'm not sure if this is a LC or a lcStackBrowser or
a bvgDocu problem, so no bug report opened yet.

-- Alex.