Release 8.0 DP 9

Ali Lloyd ali.lloyd at livecode.com
Fri Nov 13 10:31:57 EST 2015

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.0 DP 9.

Warning: this is not a stable release. Please ensure you back up your
stacks before testing them.

*Release contents*

*Browser widget kind*
The browser widget kind has been changed to "com.livecode.widget.browser".
As a result, browser widgets currently saved to stack will need to be
replaced
with new ones.

*Segmented Control Colors*
Four new properties have been added to the segmented control:
- segmentColor: the background color of the unselected segments
- segmentSelectedColor: the background color of the selected segments.
- segmentLabelColor: the label color of the unselected segments.
- segmentSelectedLabelColor: the label color of the selected segments.

*Alignment Pane and Geometry Manager*
The above panes which were missing in previous DPs have been reinstated for
DP 9.

*The effective rect of stack on Linux*
This has been made more accurate.

*Extension folder locations within the IDE*
If you write plugins, or have code that relies on the location of
extensions then please ensure you use the provided access functions to
locate them.

*40 bug fixes*

*Known Issues*
- Cef Browser (and therefore the dictionary and browser widget) does not
currently work on 32-bit Linux
- HTML 5 standalones do not currently function when they contain extensions
with dependencies.

*Getting the release*
You can get the release at http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

LiveCode 8 is still in development so we’d love to hear any
feedback you have on it. There are a number of features that we’d like to
implement but aren’t ready yet and the existing features are subject to
change during development - we can’t guarantee that extensions written in
Developer Previews will continue to work the same way in later versions.

Please report any bugs encountered on our Bugzilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=93

The LiveCode Team