'Quit' mystery

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Wed Nov 11 20:54:47 EST 2015

I am just coming back to LC after a few months off (18 perhaps?) so I am a
bit rusty but is it not the case that the message path goes from substacks
to the main stack? If so, should not a "shutdownRequest" message not handled
in a sub stack be passed up the message path to the main stack? In which
case you don't need shutdownRequests in each sub, just in the main? I am
actually at the very point where I need to implement a somewhat similar
feature (pressing the "home" key on an iDevice shuts-down your application -
and I need to handle that gracefully. Hoping, hoping I do not need to code a
shutdown message handler in every substack)

Mark

Howard Bornstein-2 wrote