AW: Standalone Internet Access Errors

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Nov 11 11:52:40 EST 2015

On 11/11/2015 11:03 AM, Dan Friedman wrote:
> Since it's only my app that was not "installed", and it launches and seems to run fine but can't "see" the internet, I figured the issue was some type of "anit-someing" software on their computer is blocking my app from reaching the internet.  Does that not ring true to you?

Is your software code signed? If not, that would cause some OSes to warn
or prevent download and/or installation, but I have not heard of a lack
of code signing preventing Internet access. However a number of Internet
security program can block Internet access if your application is using
a non-standard port.