Overriding system shortcuts in OSX

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Nov 7 13:54:41 EST 2015

OS X traps and responds to its own system-wide shortcuts and does not
pass them on to the app, so LC won't know about those.

But Cmd-Q behaves slightly differently. OS X does notify the app so it
can put up save dialogs or do other housekeeping. If Cmd-Q isn't
working, then there is probably something in your app that prevents it
from quitting, like pending messages, open drivers, not passing
"shutdownRequest", etc.