Export snapshot question...

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Sat Nov 7 13:46:39 EST 2015

Yes this is the expected behaviour. Export snapshot from rect is not be able to take a snapshot of something "off-screen” because it’s not rendered by the display.

Export snapshot from rect uses the device's display output to render the image, but if you use Export snapshot of an object (stack, card, group etc.), then the LC engine renders the image, so you can take a snapshot of a stack that is off-screen this way. I hope that makes sense!

Paul