garbage collection run amok again in 7.1.1Rc2?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Nov 5 12:33:47 EST 2015

I was under the impression that very long scripts take some time to compile. If this has been addressed and this was no longer the case, I am very surprised and curious how they managed that. It would mean that scripts are now indexed somehow so only the relevant parts of the scripts are recompiled and then reinserted into the already compiled bit.

It may or may not be helpful to point out that what developers are actually used to is minor edits followed by a lengthy recompile/debug cyclethat can take several minutes to hours depending on the extent of the code base. The nature of Livecode spares us that.

Personally, several seconds does not bother me much as it gives me time to reach over and get a sip of coffee.

HTH

Bob S