Save Stack very slow in Windows 7

dfepstein at comcast.net dfepstein at comcast.net
Thu Nov 5 11:31:40 EST 2015

I have for years successfully run a set of stacks using LiveCode 5.5.3 in Windows 7.  Recently certain operations have become painfully slow (Windows says "not responding" for 2 minutes or so, but eventually does respond and the operation is completed).
Setting some breakpoints to investigate, I discovered that the bottleneck commands are 2 simple "Save stack x" statements.  The stacks being saved are 2.3 and 0.3 megabytes.
The same stacks run without problem using LiveCode 5.5 on Mac OSX.  And until recently they ran well on Windows 7.
Has anyone had this experience, or an idea for a remedy?
Thanks very much.
David Epstein