How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri May 29 12:32:14 EDT 2015

> (once more, it took my quad core i5 ten or fifteen minutes to build a
> standalone yesterday).

Do you have 'search for required inclusions' turned on?

If so - try turning it off and see if you get a performance improvement.

Not knowing the structure of the app you are trying to build I can't say
that it will help - just that if it is large, then searching for
required inclusions is a linear process it does every time and so can be
a cause of slow-down when building standalones.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps