How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Fri May 29 11:52:40 EDT 2015

I set up a couple of benchmark stacks a while back:

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22072 <http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22072>

Bad thing was that the team wanted to see „real live scenarios“ (which most of my benchmark stacks are, just boiled down to the core of the problems as I found them). I was able to fly over to Edinburgh and discuss many of the problematic areas with the team. I guess the more „real live“ scenarios they see, the better as it might help find optimisations. Until the speed issues are resolved I am stuck with 6.7 for productive work, which is a shame because for one project I would urgently need to be able to support arabic RTL input. But I guess the old rule applies: First you make it work, then you make it fast. Impatiently waiting for the latter. :-)

Best,

Malte