How to open/show a modal stack at a defined position

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu May 28 09:41:46 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have a modal stack, which I want to show at a calculated position.

As far as I see, I can't change the loc or rect of a closed stack. So I
always have to first modal the stack, set the loc and in a second step show
the stack and closing first hide and then close it

Another approach would be to modal the stack only once with program start,
never close it and only show/hide the stack.

Is there a more straight forward approach, which I don't see? Or how do you
handle such cases?

Tiemo