What is required nowadays to get through a Proxy

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Tue May 26 07:03:41 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I vaguely recall that there have been changes to libURL to handle Proxys. I also remember me fighting with those on Windows. As I now need to roll out an update to an app. I would like to know what is required to get through a Proxy on the different Desktop OSes. (knowing for mobile would not hurt either)

How does one best debug this? Where does one need to look, especially, but not limited to Windows (7)

All the best,

Malte