the fontSizes

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun May 24 03:39:01 EDT 2015

Likewise in GIMP: http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-text.html

> Frankly, font rendering has never been very good in LiveGood.

"LiveGood" . . . a wonderful lapsus: I salute you!

>    I've had several clients over the years (myself included) who replaced important text with images because they couldn't deal with LCs less than stellar font rendering.

Frankly, with any buttons or labels I tend to replace them with images
both to ensure they behave themselves fontwise, and
so they look the same cross-platform.

I once made a wee stack on a Linux machine and then ran a Win standalone
on Windows XP and the buttons looked
awful: I rapidly learnt my lesson.

I remember making an Anglo-Saxon font with a bitmap font maker
[Fontastic for Mac OS 7.1] and a similar TTF one [Fontographer]:

on screen they appeared much the same, on the inkjet printer the bitmap
was all jaggy, on on the laser printer the bitmap was way
better than the TTF font; but that was probably because of some process
going on in the laser printer.

Best, Richmond.