Livecode <=> SQL?

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Sat May 23 15:02:48 EDT 2015

> Le 23 mai 2015 à 18:20, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Pierre Sahores <sc at sahores-conseil.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> An http solution would be blocking,
>>
>> Yes (in theory) and no (in practice) as long as each cgi thread opened by
>> the http server (ideally openLiteSpeed instead of Apache 2) acts
>> independently from each other.
>

> It would be blocking at the *client* end--the user app would have to wait
> for the http response, wouldn't it?

Yes, it blocks until the HTTP POST reply comes back as the it variable (for just some ticks as long as the server-side stuff is perfectly tuned).

> Or is there a message-based way to do
> this?

Did’t never, for my own, need to go in this way in about client -> server -> databases based information systems.

Note : in about such kind of systems, as pure functional languages, LiveCode and Scala (Polytechnic School of Lausanne) will always respond faster than any other server-side based solutions (PHP5, Java7/8, etc…)