Livecode <=> SQL?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri May 22 20:30:24 EDT 2015

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 7:58 PM, Pierre Sahores <sc at sahores-conseil.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you're saying here--I'm assuming a central server being hit by
>> clients around the country, wo how can locahost handle that?
>
> The remote client -> HTTPS -> Apache -> (LC-Server -> PostgreSQL, both those two last
> components connected trough port 5432 on the 127.0.0.1 localhost IP address)

Oh, I see what you mean.  At the moment, I'm taking the approach of
using a persistent server app, as the time to open a postgres database
is significant, and could happen every couple or few seconds for each
client.

However, postgres itself supports SSL, and can enforce SSL only--but
livecode doesn't support this.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462