gps tracker

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Thu May 21 10:38:30 EDT 2015

I believe with mergeCL, the app gets notified when the location changes. If
it is suspended in the background it will awake, and have a brief amount of
time to act before it is suspended again.

Todd

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 7:25 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> Monte Goulding wrote:
> >> On 21 May 2015, at 10:36 am, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> >>
> >> Last time I used it mobileCurrentLocation is working on Android.
> >>
> >> Does it not work in iOS?
> >
> > Does it work in the background?
>
> If LiveCode doesn't work in the background, how will Todd be able to use
> any function, whether built-in or added on, to retrieve the current
> location and send it to a server?
>
> It sounds like what's needed is for LC to adopt current background APIs.
> Is there an RQCC request for that?
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Systems
>  Software Design and Development for the Desktop, Mobile, and the Web

Todd Geist

(800) 935-6068