[OT] More on false timeouts and headers

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed May 20 19:47:01 EDT 2015

> On 20 May 2015, at 22:38, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>
> On 5/20/2015 2:06 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> we're trying to figure out how to avoid Passenger's addition of the
>> "chunking" header. Does anyone know of a related header we can include
>> that will make Passenger think we want a content-length instead?
>
> Figured this out. If the server specifically sends a content-length header, Passenger does not add the "transfer-encoding: chunked" header.
>
> But I'm still wondering whether it is appropriate for libURL to return all the chunked info bytes (or whatever you call that) or whether it should just return the content data to the script.

It should just return the content without the chunk marker thingies.

I’m using an older version. But if you run this script in a card with two fields, you should see it is using "chunked" encoding. The returned data in field 2 has no chunk markers. Is that what you see with your version?

on mouseUp
   libURLSetLogField "field 1"
   put "http://www.lacscentre.com/chunkcheck/chunkcheck.php" into tUrl
   put url tUrl into field 2
end mouseUp

I don’t know of any way to force the remote server to not use chunked encoding.

Can you see the pattern of the chunk markers in the data you are getting back? The markers should be on a separate line starting with a hexadecimal value indicating the chunk length, followed possibly by some semicolon delimited parameters, and then a CRLF line ending.

Cheers
Dave