[OT] Hyperreal UI from Age of Ultron

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed May 20 12:13:57 EDT 2015

> I may be the only person here that finds this appealing, but
> these future UI motion graphics created by Territory Studio
> of the UK are a UI designer's wet dream.

They are pretty amazing - they remind me a bit of some elements of some
software UIs from Autodesk (which puts on some amazing road shows if you can
catch one).

Its possible to, say, have a properties panel, and then drag a copy of an
element (like a slider) off of the panel and onto the main display, with
nice transparency. Tools in the FX market are so complex that it makes sense
to be able to build your own custom UI sets right on top of work area. Some
FX tools have historically made you dig down, down, down - a panel makes
another panel pop up, then you have another pop up from that one, etc.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software