Image Rendering in LC 7

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Tue May 19 15:02:16 EDT 2015

> On 19 May 2015, at 17:34, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> wrote:
>
> We're not entirely sure what algorithm CopyBits uses for scaling images which seems to be so good for certain image types - but if someone does know, and indeed has some suitably open / free source-code lying around which does something similar we could look to see if we could resurrect that kind of filtering (it does seem to be somewhat different from bilinear - I think it is some sort of 'box' filter, but that covers a fair few things).

I presume you do not wish to use Cocoa but want to use Skia?

I have no knowledge of Skia but stumbled across this link that may be of interest?

"How to scale images for your Android™ application” posted by Sony Mobile.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/2011/06/27/how-to-scale-images-for-your-android-application/

All the best

Terry