Helppppp-iOS Provisioning desperation

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Fri May 15 11:26:06 EDT 2015

Colin and Scott:
Thanks for all the suggestions! I must be making progress because now I get a different error message: “App Installation failed. A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.”

In LiveCode,
I’ve set the internal App ID: org.earthednet.waterdetective
Display Name: Water Detective       (with a space)

At the Apple Developer’s site:
In the provisioning profile:
Name: Water Detective
App ID shows as: waterdetective (org.earthednet.waterdetective}

In the Identifiers part of Apple Dev:
Name: Water Detective
ID: org.earthednet.waterdetective

The name that shows in the downloaded provisioning profile is:’
Water_Detective.mobileprovision

And, I still get the error:

Could it be a livecode problem? I’m using version 7.0.5 (RC 3) and Xcode 6.3.1. There are also several certificates that Xcode manages. I haven’t figured a way to delete them yet. I’m wondering if there is some kind of conflicting names or whatever, that I created in my wanderings.

It would sure be nice if LiveCode had some way of providing some error messages about provisioning. Is there any software that might help with diagnosing the actual problem?

Best,
Bill