reporting

Andrew Kluthe andrew at ctech.me
Fri May 15 08:49:29 EDT 2015

I've been pretty happy generating html reports for some of the big LC
applications I've done. Use something like bootstrap that has a good print
style sheet. Some JS powered charting that prints nice. I would open in
external browser in my older applications but I wonder if things wouldn't
work nicely in the new CEF browser.

Once things stabilize a bit more, I think we could do tons of standalone
web applications this with it similar to electron or node-webkit. For
example: a customer has an online catalog powered mostly by javascript on
the front end talking to data providers on the server side. We could reuse
most of the javascript in the CEF browser and refactor the bits that serve
the data to serve from the livecode side from a sqlite database. If I had a
little more confidence in some of the newer strains of livecode I'd have
done it like that instead of in electron.