Trying to be "clever" with a URL in Linux

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Thu May 14 22:55:00 EDT 2015

> On 14 May 2015, at 19:07, Richmond<richmondmathewson at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
> So, revBrowser is a non-Linux thing . . .
>
> So, I tried this in a button:
>
> on mouseUp
>    put URL"http://www.distrowatch.org"  into fld "wab"
> end mouseUp
>
> and got the raw HTML code in my field.
>
> Wonder if there is a way to get that to display like a web-page in a field on Linux?
>
> Richmond.
If your Linux has Python+WebKit installed (e.g. it is pre-installed in
Linux Mint), you can use the following solution to display the web page
in all types of window (easily tailored with/without scrollbars,
topmost, bottom-most, etc., sized and positioned):

http://www.howsoft.com/runrev/extensions/

I integrated this browser into my WYSIWYG Webpage Editor for Linux
(written in LC of course) in various ways:

http://www.howsoft.com/linux/webed2/

Naturally, the LC embedded browser will be even more convenient when it
comes along, but with the solution outlined above my personal need of it
is no longer urgent at all.