Anyone have a LC based PHOTO Organizer app?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.org
Thu May 14 16:50:30 EDT 2015

On 09/05/2015 00:22, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> I started one of those about 3 years ago, but never completed it, for
> a variety of reasons
>
>  - I realized that other apps for finding duplicate images actually do
> look for duplicate images, not simply duplicate files (i.e. they claim
> to find dups saved at different resolutions or compression levels),
> and I knew I couldn't do that.
>
>  - someone gave me a coupon for lots of money-off from Adobe's
> Lightroom, so I started using that :-)
>
> I'll dig it up, and spend an hour or two making it at least minimally
> presentable and see if it's a helpful starting point for you.

Huh - "an hour or two" ? :-)

OK, it's barely presentable, but it does work (of the 30K photos on my
disk, about 9K are duplicates !!)
NB it's JUST a duplicate checker for jpgs, and can be slow firt time
it's run (it builds a database of photo files and their MD5 hashes), but
subsequent runs it will only re-calculate MD5 for new and modified
files); you can interrupt most things by clicking the STOP button, and
it will save work done so far.

You can download it from www.tweedly.co.uk/DuplicateResolver.livecode
(sorry - brand new web site /domain, so nothing fancy there - just this
one file to download :-)

It's ugly, not as efficient as it could be - but it works, and might be
somewhere to start ...
(and, btw, it's re-tweaked my interest in the whole project ....)

oh - and it's developed in LC 7.0.something

-- alex.