Kickstarter 2013 Revisited

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon May 11 19:59:26 EDT 2015

> On 11 May 2015, at 9:52 pm, Bjoernke von Gierke <bvg at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Sure, Widgets do things that LC can't do. I do however want LC to be able to do stuff. In a similar vein, I'd want to use LC to access sql and xml. Instead, I'm using C-style functions. It's not xTalk, just like widgets (at least right now) are not LC.

Hmm… LC can now do things it couldn’t do before through the use of widgets. Isn’t the whole point of LCB and open language the ability to extend what LC can do in xTalk and with drag and drop objects?

One way to look at widgets and open language is to imagine you are RunRev and you want to make it easy for yourself to deliver new features so you design something that allows you to do that. So they will be able to deliver what you want faster regardless of whether others use LCB.

Cheers

Monte

--
M E R Goulding <http://goulding.ws/>