Kickstarter 2013 Revisited

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon May 11 05:50:05 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-11 10:34, Richmond wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure what "seamless" means . . . but
>
> if I open a stack authored in LC 4.5 where I have script lines like
> this:
>
> set the unicodeText of fld "TEKST" to numToChar(12345)
>
> things don't work.

Which was why I qualified what I said with the term 'initimate text
processing' - which Devawriter certainly does as it builds up Unicode
strings out of component codepoint parts rather than just manipulating
characters and other chunks.

In this case I tried:

set the useUnicode to true
set the unicodeText of fld "TEKST" to numToChar(12345)

And it seemed to work in 7...

In 5.5 we changed the meaning of the 'char' chunk in a field so that you
didn't have to mess around with bytes when dealing with Unicode - I
suspect this is probably a big part of why Devawriter doesn't port
forward to 7, rather than 7 itself.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps