Kickstarter 2013 Revisited

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sun May 10 13:34:07 EDT 2015

On 5/10/2015 1:01 PM, Richmond wrote:
> listing of the Kickstarter goals and what happened to them

Open Source Livecode - DONE
Unicode - DONE
Resolution Independence - DONE
Plugable Themes - NOT DONE - last word from RunRev that I recall was
that this was tied to engine changes in LC8
Cocoa - DONE
Physic Engine - NOT DONE - tied to engine changes in LC8
Windows 8/Phone - NOT DONE - tied to engine changes in LC8
Vector Object - NOT DONE - ties to engine changes in LC8
Multimedia - PARTIALLY DONE (OSX AVFoundation), they have stated that a
full cross-platform media support is, also, tied to the engine changes in 8.
New Browser Object - DONE (if I recall correctly)

I am not aware of any goal that RunRev has forgotten in any of their
posts on this topic. They have moved goals around in their timetable for
what they have stated was efficiency in implementation. For example,
they have stated that the Vector object will take less effort to deliver
under the engine changes in LC8 that trying to add it to LC6. They have
also revised their timetable, indicating which items are tried to what
version of the engine. Note that "tied to the engine changes in LC8"
does not necessarily mean delivered it LC8. It means it is dependent on
having those changes in place. You can believe them or not as you like.