about Mark...

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun May 10 12:20:10 EDT 2015

On 10/05/15 18:50, Mark Waddingham wrote:
> On 2015-05-09 20:37, Colin Holgate wrote:
>> This is in no way a complaint! But I’m curious about how much Mark is
>> posting these days. Did he run out of things to develop?
>
> Definitely not the latter!
>
> I've lurked on both the use and dev lists for years - I read and have
> read the majority of all the posts (admittedly skimming some threads
> when they spiral off the point - but I suspect we all do that) and
> information gained does get filtered in to what we are doing even if
> it isn't apparent at times.
>
> This is just an extension of my involvement in Bugzilla and specific
> forums. I must confess I find the forums, as a whole, more difficult
> to get involved in as the volume is a great deal higher and less
> focused. Personally, I find it is more difficult to mentally manage
> the involvement there, whereas the mailing lists more easily slot in
> to moments here and there.
>
>> It is exciting to see him participating here.
>
> Well, I'm glad it is of help. I find it quite cathartic to be honest!
> Generally I've found that helping others with specific issues I can
> easily comment on (due to knowledge that I already hold) in between
> working on more difficult problems (from my perspective at least -
> things are only difficult until you understand the problem) helps to
> unstick the mind.

I don't know why anyone is criticising Mark for participating on the
use-list.

His contributions should be welcomed and encouraged.

I am quite the other way round, and am criticising all the other
developers at RunRev for NOT participating: this is at least part of the
problem I have addressed elsewhere.

RunRev keep banging on about a "community": well, Mark is demonstrating
that he wants to be part of that community!

Richmond.