Trouble writing file to server

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat May 9 16:02:03 EDT 2015

Hi Bill,

0777 is for all users who have access to the computer including guests.
This includes e.g. people who log in over FTP or SSH. However, without
logging in first, you can't have access to a computer.

Some server accept the put command over http, but many don't. Servers
that accept it, will still need some credentials, even if it is only
guest:guest.

More common are FTP commands or POST and GET commands using the http
protocol. For a file, you may want to use a multipart POST command, but
you will need to handle the POST in a PHP or OnRev script.

FTP is really simple:

put "ftp://user:password@ftp.server.com/www/path/file.xyz" into myURL

Because it is very simple, it is also slightly insecure.

If you let me know how you want to proceed, I can help.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com