Trouble writing file to server

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Sat May 9 15:50:47 EDT 2015

Folks:
I can read a simple text file from my server, but can’t write to the server. My code is:

on getTestData
   put "http://waterdetective.earthednet.org/rawmeterdata/testdata" into xURL
   put URL xURL into myTestData  --This works.
   put “http://waterdetective.earthednet.org/rawmeterdata/mycrap" into xURL
   put "mycrapstuff" into URL( xURL)
end getTestData

I get the testdata file ok. I wrote it using another program. But, I can’t get it to write to the file “mycrap”

The directory has permission 0777, so everybody should be able to write to it.
Or, is there some kind of permission and login thing I need to do first.

Aren’t there any error messages returned if the write fails?

Bill

William A. Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org/