polling only on socket, or can there be a trigger?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:16:49 EDT 2015

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 8:05 AM, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> It does???
>
> I guess I'm misunderstanding the docs, then--I though it would stay at
> that line, rather than going on to execute.  I'll have to experiment some
> more.

Now I'm even more confused.

I accept sockets on 8010 with message "newClient"

When I connect from another program (I'm actually running the slave under
5.5 so I can debug separately), it shows that the connection is "
127.0.0.1:52572"

A subsequent line

read from socket clAdr with message "dhbkProcScktDat"

results in livecode hanging with a beachball forever.  If I comment that
out, write a message from the other, and

read from socket "127.0.0.1:8010" until empty

I'm told that the socket is not open. I then try

read from socket "127.0.0.1:52572" until empty

and get an empty result back (after writing from the other).
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462