Communication Suggestion for LiveCode (RunRev)

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri May 8 01:43:06 EDT 2015

On 05/07/2015 10:12 PM, Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D wrote:
> I suggested such an info page, which informs about planned and urgent maintenance or about any other related stuff, a long time ago.
> I mentioned that this also would reduce the urgent support requests, because in cases of a server fault the users could see there is already someone working to fix the problem.
>
> I also suggested to inform the customers by email if and when „normal“ maintenances are planned.
>
> Maybe after this big bang they will think about such an info page.
>
> Matthias

A lot of voices have been crying in the wilderness about this sort of
thing for a long time,
with precious little response from RunRev.

I really wonder when RunRev will wake up to the fact that as they now
produce an
Open Source product they have to start behaving like the producer of an
Open Source product and be Open.

I do feel that their current "culture" of ignoring some things the way
they do will, in the end,
cause them a fairly big headache.

It is amazing how RunRev expect a lot of end-users to do Beta testing
for them, yet
don't show much sign of listening to suggestions and requests of those
end-users.

Richmond.