Unicode in file paths...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu May 7 08:32:49 EDT 2015

On 5/6/2015 7:08 PM, Paul Dupuis wrote:
> answer file "Pick a movie:"
> set the fileName of player 1 to shortFilePath(it)

Mark & Peter,

Thank you for the tips. The issue (in LC 6.7.4) appears not to be the
manipulation of the file, but having some way of prompting the user to
select a file with Unicode in the path.

"answer file" - appears to return only native single byte text.

So it would appear the only way to allow a user to select a Unicode
based filespec is if I create my own "answer file" command/dialog that
supports Unicode - which i am not sure whether that is possible or not.