[OT] False timeout error after URL retrieval

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed May 6 06:06:04 EDT 2015

> On 6 May 2015, at 02:43, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> I agree. I compared the headers that work with the ones that don't, and the working transmissions do include a content length header. There must be a difference in how the data is being sent. We'll probably do some testing tomorrow. But if libURL handles chunks you'd think those headers would work. Browsers have no trouble with retrieval when we call the URL from there. It's only LiveCode.

You could try setting a "Connection: close" header in the request:

  set the httpHeaders to "Connection: close"

This would be a workaround, not a fix. But it should force the remote server to close the connection when the request is completed, and perhaps  avoid the wait for the timeout on the LiveCode side.

I notice there is mention of a fix for a "transfer-encoding chunked" bug in version 5.0.0 of Phusion Passenger

https://github.com/phusion/passenger/blob/master/CHANGELOG

But it may not be related of course.