Change position of "answer dialog as sheet"

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue May 5 04:31:36 EDT 2015

Hi Rolf:

I don't believe it is possible to specify where a sheet originates from.
Even so, it would seem to be easy enough to use a group within the window
as your sheet dialog.  The benefit is it could work on multiple platforms,
instead of just OS X.

With the above said, you could set up a kludgy arrangement with two
windows -- one is your main stack, and one is the stack that
holds/displays the sheet.  By enabling the systemWindow of the sheet
stack, disabling its shadow (Mac), and setting its height to 1 pixel, the
sheet stack can be virtually invisible while it displays the sheet dialog,
and the systemWindow setting keeps it layered above the main stack.  I
have tried it here (on OS X) and it works.

There is an obvious limitation in that the main stack can be dragged
separately from the sheet dialog, but if you can work around this, using
two windows is one way to display an offset sheet dialog.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design