OT : Hosting providers

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.org
Sun May 3 18:36:09 EDT 2015

[apologies for starting a new thread, but I haven't received any email
for days, so I can't respond within the thread :-( ]

Many thanks for the suggestions - I had found hostm.com (by googling
"Livecode server hosting") and have started an account there - so it was
comforting to then find them being recommended.

But I do need one more rant ....

some of my sites are down (bad)
some have incomplete or old data (very bad)

but MUCH WORSE
some have their scripts and data in place, but LCServer isn't, so the
scripts are being displayed to users rather than being executed.

So on some sites (I won't name them :-), you can go along and have a
look at all my .lc scripts.
I suspect that might mean you can see my MySQL database names and
passwords (since they are hard-coded into an LC script somewhere, which
was acceptable because those scripts would never be viewable by any user).

So this isn't just poor service, this is a breach of my security.

/rant
-- Alex.