documentation for open socket using certificate and key, sccept only ssl

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun May 3 18:26:02 EDT 2015

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 3:01 AM, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> wrote:

> As the 'secure' layer is a protocol layered on top of the basic byte
> stream, it requires both sides to be talking the 'secure' protocol - in
> particular, there is a handshake at the start that must happen to establish
> the initial (symmetric) encryption keys, then these are refreshed
> periodically throughout the transaction period. In short, if you attempt to
> open a non-secure connection to a secured socket the connection will not
> occur and you will get an error. i.e. 'secure sockets' will only talk to
> other other 'secure sockets'.

This is definitely what I want,

However, I don't see any way in "accept  connections" to *require* that the
connection come in as secure.  I'd love it to simply reject the connection,
so that I can assume I'm getting encrypted data.  At the moment, I'm using
RSA each way, but I assume that once I'm hosting servers, that's going to
multiply the number needed.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462