Summer (Winter) Time Fun

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Mar 31 10:28:50 EDT 2015

Hi Pyyhtiä,

I don't have any technical suggestions for you.  But a non-tech suggestion and
a point of information:

- suggestion: add a grace period.  Possibly display the information that your
term ends today - but in practise give a 24-hour grace period when the app
still works.  If the client renews, that still bases off the time it should
have been renewed by (i.e. they don't get an extra day free as a reward for
being late, they just got to pay for it a day later); if they don't renew,
they weren't going to anyway, they got one extra day.  Better that the people
who weren't going to renew got a free day, than that your good customers were
inconvenienced by something that might easily have been a glitch on your end,
for example.

- information: actually the US used to "spring forward" a week or so after
most of Europe, but a few years ago they changed their timetable, and they now
do it several weeks before us.  So your US customers have already survived
this pain point.   (Unlike several of my clients, since I repeatedly messed up
the timing of conference calls!)

Ben