LC 7.03 ff Crashing on larger text blocks

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Mar 26 18:40:55 EDT 2015

Suggestion 1.

Is it feasible for you to avoid the problem ?

i.e. rather than something like (I assume what you currently have)

     put URL ("file:inputdata.txt") into myVar
     replaceText (...)
     put myModifiedVar into URL("file:output.txt")

do the processing within a read / write loop, something very vaguely like

   open file "inputdata.txt" for read
   open file "output.txt" for write
   repeat forever
      read from file "inputdata.txt" until CR
      if the result is EOF then exit repeat
      put it into t
      replace comma with ";" in t
      write t & CR to file "output.txt"
   end repeat

Suggestion 2.
You mentioned a synthetic example (i.e. creating a data string and
processing it). Can you post the snippet(s) of code to create and
operate that sample, and let others try it to see if
(a) they also encounter a problem
    and
(b) can find a variant that will work

Thanks