Suggest a USB device.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 16:04:03 EDT 2015

While I am waiting for my turtle to be delivered I am getting pretty
cheesed-off as I would like a USB device I could hook up to my various
computers running various operating systems . . .

Certainly I feel it is pretty pointless working on "open to read" and
"open to write"
stuff if I don't have a target USB device to practise with.

I have plenty of USB devices, but most of them are what I call "one-way"
devices:
that is to say they sent data to the computer, but no data is ever sent
the other way.

Anyway, I have just spotted a fairly old USB scanner (well, bought it
about 15-16 years ago)
lurking under a desk, and that is a "two-way" device as it has to be
controlled from an interface on
the computer . . .

However, while I can, quite possibly, do an "open to read", I am going
to find it difficult to "read"
anything until I "write" some sort of command to the scanner to scan
something . . .

Has anybody tried controlling a scanner from LIvecode?

Has anybody any idea of the sort of commands I should be sending a scanner?

Richmond.