Speed on Android

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Sun Mar 22 09:45:01 EDT 2015

Jacque,

GET and POST are perfectly supported on both iOS and Android. If you send them to an LC server script (connected to the DB in localhost mode), you will no more have to compose with any latency anymore.

working example :

on the iOS/Android mobile client app side :

     set the socketTimeoutInterval to 60000
     set httpHeaders to "Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" & return
     post URLEncode(gAppVars["MobileAppID"] & "=" & hexDigest("publicmclt") & "&" & prevSession & "&stock_decrement=-1") to URL MIAS
     put it into tResponse

on the server side, each DB opened connexion (PostgreSQL 8.4 on Pancake in my case) need to be closed before the request is returned to the mobile app.

This kind of procedure respond in just some ticks (+ network latency itself witch is < 100-300 ms from pancake witch is, in my case, hosted at less than 600 miles from my office)

Pierre